To address the environmental challenges posed to agriculture with scientific researches, and ultimately achieve sustainable agriculture and global food security, to create a better livelihood for all humankind.
- To understand how plants adapt to abiotic stresses such as drought, salt and heat, and how they interact with microbes with basic research, and translate the research into agricultural applications;
- To identify useful functional genes and effective DNA markers, for generating prototypes of new adaptive soybean varieties by either transgenesis or marker-assisted breeding;
- To produce high-quality publications that will make significant advancements in the understanding of plant-environment interactions;
- To establish a platform to disseminate genomic information to researchers and breeders;
- To train up talents as plant genomics and molecular biology experts.